Saly

salythereader

Courting Miss Hattie - Pamela Morsi Rating 3.5 stars
This is not my favourite book by this author. The heroine is 29 and a spinster and plain looking so everyone thinks she doesn't want romance in life but that is not the case, she yearns for family and romance and when a widower with seven kids declares his intention to court her, she is very happy. Hattie never got a chance to experience romance because she was plain looking and when her father died she had to take care of her mother. Reed is 24 and engaged to a very beautiful woman. He has known Hattie all his life and wants to buy her farm. When Hattie begins being courted he doesn't like it at all. For some reason I ended up enjoying the book and not loving it. Reed's fiancée as it turns out has her own secrets and secret love which she keeps denying because of family expectations but she finally does the right thing, making Reed free to follow what he wants.