Saly

salythereader

A Man of Distinction - Sarah M. Anderson Rating 3.5 stars
I have to say one thing about this author's book and writing style it pulls you in and deal with Native Americans. I liked reading about a hero who has struggled with his heritage his whole life, the poverty and not feeling heard, so he got out and almost sold himself out, he cut his hair, bought swanky cars, a condo, dated the boss's daughter and then he was forced to come back for a case and to his childhood sweetheart Tanya. He and Tanya had always had a passionate relationship but while he wanted to get away she didn't, so that came between them.

I have to say I had a hard time liking the hero, he was a major jerk and the heroine had blindly loved him since she had given herself to him at 15. All these years he had been the only one for her and I wished that she had dated others because the hero had no problem doing that, hell he said he loved her and missed her but he wanted so badly to fit in and get away from life and problems at the rez. He did ignore calls from her after their encounter two years ago, calls in which she wanted to tell him she was pregnant, so she did it all alone, struggling and taking care of a sick baby. I did like the whole legal environmental pollution aspect of it but the hero I sometimes found him unsympathetic but one thing I have to say I couldn't stop reading this book. The hero was kind of careless of the fact that the heroine had loved him forever.