Saly

salythereader

The Sheikh's Claim (Harlequin Desire) - Olivia Gates Too much over the top & drama and I had a hard time following what was going on. I also felt that the heroine marriage wasn't explained, did she love her husband?Was it a real marriage? Heroine had been involved with the hero for four years, but well they never cleared the air, she was a model and her mom a servant of the hero's evil mother. She thought she was his dirty secret and felt degraded every time she was with him, he kept her a secret because of his mother, so to get out she married his sweet best friend, who turned out married her so that he could protect his legacy. Two years into the marriage he died(cancer), he came to her, they had sex and she told him to leave, then it is kind of two years later again. I found both of them immature, it seemed they only argued and had sex. She had his son as well and didn't tell him since she had too many misconceptions about him and their relationship so did he. It is kind of alluded that she was the only one he had been with in the eight years they had met. I just found the drama of it too much, a lot of it was rehashed, his evil mom interfering and making life hell for everyone. I never felt connected to the characters and found the book a drag so much so I was kind of skimming stuff.