Saly

salythereader

Call Me Wild - Robin Kaye What a fun book and the hero Fisher was a total package, he could cook, clean, is a doctor and caring as hell and falls like a ton of bricks for Jessie.

Jessica is a sports reporter for the Times, having the time of her life, she has a job she loves and just bought a place when she gets the pink slip and on a dare from her best friend Andrew goes to Boise and starts writing a book. She thinks writing a romance novel will be a breeze which is kind of hilarious, she doesn't believe in romantic love but buys many romance books to read. There she thinks she has acquired a stalker Fisher because she runs into him everywhere and even though he is good looking as hell, her cynic meter tells her there is something wrong with him, she thinks he is a bum and when she sees his immaculate house jumps to the conclusion that he lives with his mother, she is wrong on all counts.

Fisher is kind of morose lately and he can't figure out why, he has everything he wants but his twin Hunter is kind of no longer single and has Toni and he has been off women lately but that changes as soon as he sees Jessie. And then his interfering little sister puts herself in between neatly setting Jessie and Fisher up which kind of suits Fisher.

Jessie is damn athletic which I love, but her height and built was something that has brought her a lot of grief especially in high school when she was a victim of a cruel dare and that made her build huge fences around herself. I loved the romance especially seeing how hard Fisher fell for her after telling her he would be research for her book, I loved his crazy family and how they had a habit of walking into his house. Jessie was so damn vulnerable in some ways while strong in other ways, her feelings for Fisher made no sense to her, she cried when she was with him and it took Andrew and for her to read her book which was not fiction to kind of clear things up, in between she ends up hurting Fisher.

My enjoyment of this book was amplified by the fact that I have read other books by this author and that I loved meeting previous characters like Ben and Gina and even Trapper the elder brother who is a judge and has seventy-two hour flings, even Andrew caught my fancy. All in all this is a great contemporary romance.

ARC received through Netgalley.