Saly

salythereader

Not The Marrying Kind - Nicola Marsh This book had a fun, modern feel to it and was short & I liked the characters. The heroine Poppy had sass and humour, her sister who practically raised her since her plastic surgeon parents were busy moving in uppity circles has been spiralling since her husband walked out , so to make sure her sister's party business doesn't go bust, she comes up with the Divorce Diva, but there is a catch it has to be anonymous since her sister would flip.

Beck the hero is successful and rich but one bad employee's behaviour and has tarred his company and endangered a business deal he wants so he contemplates marriage. The deal means a lot to him since he grew up dirt poor, parents who OD'ed and a great grandpa who raised him in a trailer, so he doesn't like being told no especially when he knows he deserves the deal. He contacts the heroine for a party for his friend, who is getting divorced and since he has money and resources he makes her come to him. Poppy doesn't like the sense of entitlement rich people seem to have but Beck manages to blackmail her into marriage in return for his silence and some cash that will save her sister's business.

These two bantered beautifully and had great chemistry & I enjoyed the fast romance between them. Poppy was kind of anti-love and marriage and I loved her snark.