Saly

salythereader

Mr. Perfect - Linda Howard Perfection is the name of this book! I was up till 5:30 in the morning finishing this and when I got to the end I wanted more, more Jaine and Sam. I loved the romance and wanted so much more. Jaine was a firecracker and I loved her. She was soo kick-ass and knew cars and didn't mind speaking her mind and throwing herself in the fray.

She just bought a house, her siblings are miffed with her since her vacation parents left their cat and her dad's prized car in her possession. She also thinks her neighbour is a drunk boor, proof he is dressed badly, comes in late and always looks hungover and then she finds out is because he is a cop on a task force. They have the most hilarious and sexy encounters. Sam has a habit of sneaking up on her and she has a habit of using a lot of cuss words and they have a hilarious conversation about eggs.

On a Friday night after work, she and her friends make a list of Mr Perfect and that list goes public and viral bringing a lot of attention to them and a psycho killer. One of the friends gets murdered and so does another one later. The mystery and romance are perfectly blended. This is pure vintage Linda Howard at her best. I loved the romance, despite being whirlwind it worked for me. Even the fights between Jaine and Sam were sexy. Jaine had been anti-men since by the age of 23 she had three broken engagements under her belt but with Sam there was instant fire between them.

I so didn't want this book to end.