Saly

salythereader

Island Interlude - Anne McAllister In many ways this book was predictable maybe because I have read way too many HP's but sometimes predictable can be fun. This was not the typical secret baby plot because the heroine had tried to let the hero know eight years before despite the fact that right after making love to her he had married another woman. When they meet again, right in the place where she fell for him, she tells him the truth outright, bravo for her and I loved Libby, her strength, how she rebuffed the hero, everything.

I could guess what had happened eight years before and it was so obvious to me that the hero was crazy in love with her and didn't only want her for their son. Hero had married his wife because she was pregnant with his best friend's baby, someone who had died for him and fragile, the heroine was eighteen and he wanted her to fulfil her dreams, his marriage was a disaster. I loved how jealous the hero was, driving her fiancée away and hating the fact that his son had spent time with him. I did want to find out if his marriage had been a real one and would have loved to see on page them telling Sam the truth about his parentage.

Heroine had been eighteen and naive when they met while he was already a famous star and their age difference (eight years) played a part in him making a unilateral decision that she wouldn't want more. I did like seeing the heroine more cautious and wise and the hero very sufficiently tries to make up for the past while trying to win her back. The heroine obviously can't see that and isn't sure of his motives. All in all I enjoyed the book because the hero was so uncertain and kept giving chase.