Saly

salythereader

If You See Her - Shiloh Walker Hope was introduced in the first book of the trilogy and man she had such a brutal past. She spent a decade married to a monster who abused her physically and mentally and when she got the courage to leave, had her admitted to the psych ward. No-one believed her after all he was the town's golden boy and a cop and Hope almost lost herself. She got out two years ago but the the years have left scars, she isn't that confident and has fragility to her. She came to town because her only friend Law called her, he needed her help and wanted her close. So, Hope has been helping him as an author's assistant.

In the last book both Hope and Law were attacked and an officer killed. All the evidence combined with Hope's past makes it look she is guilty. Remy, the DA talks to her ex who tells him she is manipulative as hell but he comes to see differently. I liked seeing how uncertain Remy was around her, he was attracted to her but afraid of what was between Law and Hope.

Best of all I loved seeing Hope become stronger and regaining parts of herself, even if it was getting her hair cut, something her ex hated or speaking up for herself. It was not smooth sailing for her, she has flashbacks to her past and breaks down but still continues forward and I loved her romance with Remy, it seemed perfect.

I also enjoyed seeing Ezra and Lena. We are also introduced to the heroine of the last book who pulls a gun on Law and Hope, thinking they killed her cousin Jolene. The sick serial killer is still around and takes care of her ex. I was sad to see what happened with the Sheriff.

I am dying to read the next one to find out who the sick killer is.