Saly

salythereader

Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5) - Maya Banks Rating 3.5 stars
This is kind of continued with the other book, since Grace and Shea are sisters. Grace has the ability to heal people, something that is painful to her since she absorbs that person's disease. To save her sister Grace cut their mental link and now she has escaped from her captors, injured and on the verge of giving up when Rio's team gets to her.

Grace is pushed beyond her limits to survive and Rio doesn't coddle her instead makes her take strength from her reserves and they take shelter in his house in Belize until further arrangements can be made. He also knows that Titan is also on their trail. Titan is a special ops group who at one point was led by Rio. Rio was an idealistic solider who joined Titan and did everything they said, dabbling in shades of grey and then he started questioning it. He let his parents think he died and then found his pregnant sister beaten by her husband and she died, he avenged her but his parents couldn't accept him back, so he joined KGI where he had more control.

This book had insta-love, Rio saw Grace on tape and wanted her to be his, I kind of didn't get this. Grace is pretty much broken so much so that she wanted to die at one point but Rio helps her.

I found the book kind of sugary as far as the romance is concerned. There is betrayal as well from someone in Rio's team who needs Grace's abilities. At the end of the book we find out that Titan had another objective, the world thinks Grace is dead so she has to be careful all her life, remain hidden in Rio's house and they acquire a daughter as well(of the man who wanted Grace to heal her).

I am a fast reader but this book took me a long while because I kept getting distracted by other things. The book just wasn't that good and authors should keep PNR and RS separate.