Saly

salythereader

Can't Buy Me Love - Molly O'Keefe A pretty impressive start to a new series & Molly's single title debut.
I really felt for Tara Jean Sweet, she was so messed up by her past and the life she had led, that she was her own worst enemy.
Luc was such a great guy, who was facing the potential end of his hockey career as well as having to face memories of his father he had tried to forget. I loved their romance and the real sexual pull between them even before thy hit the sheets or car in their case ;)

For Luc his struggling with his ageing body and refusing to admit he was done with a sport he loved was tied to his father who was a horrible abusive man but who had been a saviour to Tara Jean. This conflict was portrayed wonderfully. Luc just wanted out and since Tara Jean had been cast in the role of a gold-digger he wanted her gone as well. How these two go from being enemies to more is a great journey filled with growth for both of them.

His sister Victoria, god I disliked her sometimes, since she was so beaten down by life, sometimes I felt bad for her, but at the end I wanted to say Bravo to her, since it seemed she had realized her self-worth. I am looking forward to her book.
Victoria's husband committed suicide after being found guilty of running a Ponzi scheme, leaving her broke, having to pay of his debts and with a son to raise. She was ill-equipped to handle it all because first she grew up with a hateful & to escape that became a wife, so in essence she wasn't such a strong character so she again manages to get into a tangle with Tara Jean's criminal ex who uses her as a tool to get some money. The inheritance matters to her, not so much to Luc, it is her security blanket. I do wish I come to like her more in her book.

Thanks so much Molly for the ARC!!!!!!!!!!

*ARC provided by the author.