Saly

salythereader

An Irresistible Man (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 622) - Kylie Brant Rating 3.5 stars
The heroine is made the hero's new partner, the hero is used to working alone mainly undercover but an incident (when a cop shot at him) made him switch to normal work. They are both put on one case only, gangs are using AK-47, their job to track down the distributor. What the hero doesn't know is that the heroine is from Internal Affairs. A snitch said that cops where behind this and he is one of the 5 cops under undercover investigation.

She doesn't like deception but plans to do the job to the best of her ability. Both of them are opposites, heroine is kind of rigid and regimented it kind of stems from being raised by cold shallow parents and also a past betrayal (her ex-fiancee used her five years ago to get to her city council man father), while the hero comes from a close knit Hispanic family, loves to cook and the ladies love him. Their working technique is a bit different too, the heroine introduces him to junk food.

I like how we see them work, step by step in the investigation and that they are able to work. Their attraction is mainly simmering then blazing hot. The heroine doesn't want emotion to cloud her judgment again, it would be best for her career and even for the hero Cruz. She finds some things that don't add up like the hero seems to have a second source of income and it takes some digging but she finds out he is in the restaurant business.

Their becoming involved and intimate takes a lot of time and when it does it leaves the heroine conflicted she still has a job to do but she finds herself falling and asking questions about herself and what she is doing. After some thinking she lets herself fall and believe, she knows if the truth comes out Cruz will feel betrayed but she just wants to spend more time with him and telling him the truth will be breaking the rules of the job. I loved how the hero understood in the end and himself came calling, yes it took some time and thinking yet he did behave like a rational adult after a snit.

I am rating this book a little lower because I found it a little less intense and hot than her other books.