Saly

salythereader

Open Season - Linda Howard This book so lived up to its hype, the heroine was a stereotypical librarian, with her nose in books, living with her aunt and mother when she got up on her 34th birthday and realized her life was passing her by, she was mousy, her hair, her clothes everything sucked and that if she didn't do anything she would never have the family she wanted, so she slowly starts working on it and her aunt and mom help. I loved how she was about money and her prissy tone especially with the Yankee police chief and hero Jack. She was all about personal space and her buying condoms for show was hilarious and how horrified she was that Jack was there to witness it and make people think they were an item. And using the word "courting" also cracked me up, it was so easy for Jack to rile her up and she thought of him as a jock so it came as a surprise to her that he was attracted to her.

The heroine was really naive and innocent like her horrified reaction when she nearly castrates a guy and later tries to apologize to him and even when Jack warns her of the danger that lurk in going to bars.

Seeing her blossom was like seeing a bird stretch its wings. As all LH books this is sizzling and Jack is a delicious alpha hero. He is former SWAT and divorced and tells Daisy lets have an affair, then you can find someone to marry but from the very start they share something more. Her puppy Midas was also adorable and kind of formed a family unit.

I liked that the suspense was not such a prominent part of the story and I also liked Todd, the supposed gay guy who helped in her makeover but turned out to be not gay and FBI. I do hope LH gave him a book and the hit guy was also in a way shown to be human I guess.

The best part was the humor in the book.