Saly

salythereader

Lethal Rider - Larissa Ione Larrisa Ione as usual pulls you in to her books. This book worked for me quite a bit and after the heroine's questionable actions in the last book I wasn't sure I would like her but by the end of it as Than forgave her so did I. She had suffered for her mistake and she had been brain-washed from a small age, the Aegis her only family which accepted her with limitations because of her soul-sucking abilities, so she over compensated doing everything to fit in even if it meant seducing Than.

There is a complete break of the Aegis with lines being drawn. I am intrigued by Harvester now and Reaver seems to be in a pickle. And I did not expect what happened with Reseph and am dying for his book because after what he did, his redemption would have to truly satisfy the reader.

I loved Than as usual, he was Death but he had been screwed and he was so inexperienced when it came to sex and his reaction when it came to betrayal from within(his daywalkers), was depicted really well. At the start he is angry at Regan and treats her badly one moment while being tender the next. The news of the baby fulfills a need he has always had, a family but it does take him time to see Regan as a person and past her wrongs. His anguish over having to kill his brother, fear of losing his temper and harming his son, all made him human in some ways.

A very solid installment in this addictive series.