Saly

salythereader

Touch Me in the Morning - Catherine George I have never ever read about such a self-sufficient and independent heroine who trumps the hero everytime is so honest with him that is brutal and despite being his secretary for eighteen months doesn't have one iota of romantic feelings for him instead considers him quite a boor and feels pity for the women in his life. To get the job she made herself out to be dowdy which is quite exhausting and to channel her frustration starts writing a novel, her dream and bases the hero on her boss, the hero.

Once he finds out that she isn't that dowdy she throws the glasses and clothes out and blames her sudden change of appearance as the reason he seems to be a bit better, apologetic once he loses his temper etc and says it to his face that he is shallow. Man, if it was any other man than the hero he would have left her alone a long time ago because she never pretends to fawn over him or even fall for him, instead she quits her job and comfortably lives in her aunt's cottage, waiting for her first book to be out and working on the second and letting the hero think she has a lover.

He tracks her down somehow and becomes privy to the fact that the only lover she has is the one she is writing about, but she still gives him the cold shoulder, refusing his offer of them living together. The heroine isn't much of a romantic, she only wants to write in peace and is aware of the hero's thoughts on marriage and his fleeting relationships with women. She doesn't try to change him she just doesn't want him around. I was scratching my head in the middle thinking is this a romance? Will there be a HEA? Since the h/H don't spend much page time together & the h seems to ignore him, his gifts etc but we do get a HEA, not syrupy sweet but good.

The chase is done all by the hero, who gets irritated and baffled by her. She just doesn't want him it seems but she still goes to him when she thinks he is injured, letting something loose in her heart. And his becoming nauseous at the most inopportune moment made me laugh.