Saly

salythereader

Her Forbidden Hero - Laura Kaye I really enjoyed this. The hero was scarred because of his last mission for Special Forces and his brain wasn't screwed on right and the return of his best friend's sister Alyssa wasn't something he needed. Alyssa expected the old Marco, but he was changed and didn't want her to see that he wasn't her old hero anymore. Alyssa has just graduated college and is broke and in need of a job, so she takes one where Marco works.

Her feelings for Marco are not brotherly and it takes her a while to see the damage Marco has and I loved how she helped him sleep at night without his knowing. We are made aware early on that Marco is falling for her but is too messed up, to want to mess up her life.

All in all I liked the book a lot even when the characters frustrated me with them keeping their distance.