Saly

salythereader

Tangle of Need - Nalini Singh I love Nalini Singh & the Psy-Changeling world but this is the book I haven't been excited about much, maybe because Riaz and Adria were never characters I connected with much. Adria is dominant and was in a relationship with a submissive for years and it went sour and she had to finally admit defeat and has returned to the den, scarred.

Riaz too has returned scarred, he found his mate in Europe, happily married and in love with another man. He finds himself growing angry and bitter and Adria kind of becomes a target when their mutual lust comes to the surface. Wanting to be with her seems like a betrayal to his mate and Adria who was in a relationship that corroded her self respect, doesn't want to be with another man who won't respect her.

To be honest this has to be my least favorite book of the series, I just didn't connect with it much even though we got plenty of Hawke-Sienna time, seeing them deal with the pack hierarchy, being a couple, discuss her power and future children, it was all what happens once you are together and kind of perfect for fans of the couple, plus we even got the mating ceremony.

We also saw a lot of progress with the Human Alliance, Pure Psy group and Arrows which I liked but ultimately I never came to care much for Adria and Riaz. Their journey was angst ridden and we see them deal with the lack of mating bond and whether love is more important.

I just seem to be noticing way too many similarities in the writing style I guess or I just felt there were more dynamic characters who deserved a story sooner.

And for Kaleb fans there is plenty of action and the war seems to be boiling over set for an explosion. And there is a awesome pregnancy.
All in all I still have to rate this as my least favorite book in the series, which was earlier Mine to Possess, the other developments and story arc were great, I just never got much into the main couple.