Saly

salythereader

The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688) - Karen Keast There is no doubt that this book had a huge age difference, 24 years to be precise besides the fact that the hero was the heroine's godfather, but despite the icky factor I ended up enjoying the book maybe because I really liked Lindsey, she was mature yet child like, wanting her parents who were on the verge of divorce to get back together all the while grappling with fears and doubts about her feelings for Walker.

Eighteen months ago she aborted her own wedding when she found herself having thoughts about Walker, they alarmed her and made her feel dirty but in the intervening time she came to terms with her feelings and the conclusion that it was love and that love can happen anytime, with anyone.

The heroine's father is going through a mid-life crisis and is deeply unhappy himself, hurting everyone and himself and he is also having an affair with a 19 year old girl, his own daughter is 23.

Walker is also a grandfather and his son is 24. The way the heroine's father finds out about them is not pretty, it is the morning after and he finds Lindsey in his kitchen dressed in Walker's clothes and at that time Lindsey throws all that her father has done in his face.

All the age factor, everything was addressed in the book. Walker had fears and reservations and they were a given since things with Lindsey were new for him while Lindsey had had time to deal with her feelings and knew she wanted to marry him and have his kids. While Walker didn't want to limit Lindsey.

I also liked how the book addressed the marriage of Lindsey's parents and depicted how her mother came out of the shadow of her husband and accepted her husband back with conditions.

All in all I am rating this book higher in part because of the bold theme, I read a lot of tried and tested formula and enjoy it but something different is like a breath of fresh air.