Saly

salythereader

O'Hurley's Return: Skin Deep - Nora Roberts In the past books my impression of Chantel wasn't that good, she came across as a sophisticated Hollywood actress and in this book she is that but as we find out it is all a facade, a carefully cultivated image to succeed in show-biz. I actually kind of found it a cop-out, that she isn't a man-eater instead before the hero she had only one lover, who she fell for badly, he was married and lied and deceived her and we are supposed to believe a sophisticated person like her fell for him and even became pregnant. Of course she lost the baby and changed, became hardened, I dunno I found it all so contrived.

The hero is a PI, we never really learn anything personal about him, his parents etc, who comes to protect her when she starts receiving some calls. Of course he is insolent at first, having bought her tabloid image.

The book didn't really wow me, I just kept reading it because I started it.
Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but it was not something new, hero delves into the people in her life, she wants to bury her head in the sand, when he doesn't tell her things she gets mad, all very typical.

They do fall for each other fairly quickly, no dilly-dallying about commitment which you can see in NR books most of the time.