Saly

salythereader

A Child For Christmas - Allison Leigh Rating 3.5

I enjoyed this book, we get to see Rebecca's story, the town doctor who moved to town two years ago and Sawyer, the eldest Clay sibling, the Navy SEAL who roams around the world, seldom being home.

He becomes a patient of Rebecca because of an accident that made him lose his memories, but Rebecca remembers him well, he was her first everything, love, lover, heart-break and also the father of her son. She was a med student when she met him and she fell for him despite the fact that she knew he was committed to his career. He left her and she tried to contact him ( to tell him about her pregnancy), but he never responded and when he did, he told her to move on, so she did, changing schools and cities and getting married and building a life for herself.

She tries to maintain a patient-doctor relationship but Sawyer has different ideas and loves to push her boundaries since despite his memories not being there, she seems familiar. The heroine's reactions felt normal, since she had been hurt by him before and now she was older and wiser and had a son to consider who was still hurting over her husband's death.

And here the secret baby thing didn't bother me because she had tried to get in touch with him and then moved on in life and in some way she did want to tell him, why else would she move to his home-town? Sawyer had his reasons for letting her go and they may not have been perfect and he accepts hurting her, but he wants another chance since he is in a very different place right now.

I actually have to say I found the ending abrupt, after so much of drama, suddenly they say I love you, let's get married and within a few pages even tell her son the truth, it just seemed to picture perfect and too fast, I wanted a bit more page time, I guess. Stay the first book in the series still remains my favorite.