Saly

salythereader

Captive Loving (Harlequin Presents # 603) - Carole Mortimer Rating 3.5
Hero is bonkers about the heroine when he meets her at his company party even when he finds out she is married to a guy who can't keep his fly zipped. The h of course knows this since she hasn't shared a bed with her husband in 5 years & they have been married for 7 years. She was raised by a strict aunt and got married at eighteen to a jerk who told her she was frigid and kind of abused her emotionally but she stays because she fears losing her daughter. Then her husband dies and the hero keeps coming around but she sends him away, but 7 months later he is back and has won over her daughter, so she marries him because her husband stole from him, and the hero wants to make her and her daughter happy. Of course she doesn't confide the truth about her unhappy marriage which lets the hero think she loved her pig of a husband and she is also unable to let go sexually since she has so many fears.
Of course once she opens herself to him fully they are happy, and she confesses that her husband threatened her by saying he would take away their daughter(she got post-partum depression).

The reason I liked the book was the hero, he was awesome and so crazy for her. One thing I didn't understand was why didn't he get rid of his secretary/ex sooner.

All in all the h didn't do much for me, though she had a super sad past coz I didn't get how she couldn't open herself up to the awesome hero.