Saly

salythereader

Mistress Of Pillatoro (Harlequin Presents, No 1103) - Emma Darcy The book was okay, the heroine meets the hero when all her dreams have been decimated and she is beating herself for her foolishness for falling for a guy who was her professor, believing his words of love and moving in with him and then to see him throw her over for another girl as well effectively take away her career leaving her no choice but to take the job with the hero.

The job with the hero comes with complications, first off the only result he wants is a positive one, to prove his late father's theory as correct and then there is his brother, who seems to be attracted to her. She slowly comes to see that her love for her ex wasn't really love and falls for the hero, who she learns has a tragic past and lost his wife, two kids and father in one swoop.

When she does tell him her findings they have a massive fight and he tells her to leave, of course our heroine takes a dramatic turn, going comatose type etc and people falling over her. She rejects the other brother and words of love are exchanged with the hero, when their house is threatened by her douche-bag ex and she goes on the stand, willing to expose all her secrets in front of the world and humiliated she runs and the hero is there to catch her and we get a HEA.

The book really wasn't a bad read but it isn't something that I will re-read.