Saly

salythereader

Walk In Beauty (Silhouette Special Edition No 881) - Ruth Wind I didn't enjoy this book much mainly because I never really liked the characters much and there was too much dithering.

The hero Luke on his way to a meeting for the Navajo's and sees a little girl who is the split image of his sister and he knows she is his, inside he finds Jessie the only woman he loved and who walked away from his eight years ago when she couldn't stand his demons. You see the hero Luke was an alcoholic and he never confronted that fact, he called himself a social drinker and once his father died, grief over took him, Jessie left without a word and he had to hit rock bottom before sobering up and he has been sober for seven years.

For the heroine, alcoholism was a problem, she spent her entire childhood seeing her mother fall prey to it and feeling bad about it so Jessie got out when she saw Luke like that, even though she loved him, knew she was pregnant and had been with him for four years. I did feel that the heroine put too much responsibility for the failure of the relationship at the hero's door, yes he had made mistakes but so had she. She had never confronted her past and had made the hero larger than life and kept a part of herself aloof.

Even years later when they meet again I felt she never felt apologetic for keeping his daughter from him for years and lived too much in the past knowing he had changed. I liked that the hero had reservations about starting up again with her, even though he still felt strongly for her. I dunno this thinking let's try and let's not try annoyed me and I did not like the heroine.