Saly

salythereader

Pulse of the Heartland - Melinda Cross I enjoyed the book even if the heroine was so blind sometimes that I wanted to smack her. Her nickname was earnest Emily and it suited her to a T, she grew up tough being a farmer's daughter never being feminine and now runs a florist shop. She never left town and is still serious, prim and proper when Nick comes back to town.

He kissed her ten years ago on a dare and it is a memory that infuriates her. He starts annoying her right away, knocking at her door in the middle of the night, not leaving her alone and letting the whole town think that they are having a big affair. The heroine has some ideas about independence and thinks that her mom is subservient to her dad but she learns differently.

Though she does maintain her stubbornness too long, I loved the hero and wished for an epilogue. He actually loves her and is a great guy.