Saly

salythereader

Claiming Colleen (Harlequin Special Edition) - Beth Kery This has to be my least favorite of the series since I felt for every one step the heroine took forward she went backwards as well.

Colleen is a widow with two kids and she has always been very responsible. Her father's accident kind of changed her and her family, it brought shame, anger and defensiveness and for some reason she attached it to Eric, who lost his mother in the accident.

Fifteen months ago they shared a kiss that scared her and she has avoided him despite the fact that they are volunteers at the same place. She finds Eric arrogant, completely cold and a snob, or so she tells herself it makes the past easier and keeps the chemistry she feels with him under check but at one point in the book she does examine her feelings and acknowledges that he is none of these things, instead he is an excellent doctor who works hard and is wonderful to his sister.

Both of them are thrown together planning the wedding of their siblings. Eric is kind of a cynic while Colleen a romantic. She married young 19 and her husband was her best friend but they didn't share that intense passion that her brothers seem to have found.

After a lot of dill-dallying on the part of the heroine they get together, she jumps the gun and mis-understands something, then it is all cleared. I don't know the ending seemed too pat, they had only spent a weekend together and suddenly there were confessions of love etc Her kids knew him but not them as a unit.

Most of the time we spend inside Colleen's head where she seems to dissect every action and I did feel she had a tendency to look at the negative side of things first maybe it was because she had this over blown sense of responsibility but it got annoying.

We don't get to see the POV of Eric much in the book, he is just someone who has overcome a lot in life and is reserved and logical.
I somehow didn't find the romance that satisfying. Will still keep an eye out for the next book.