Saly

salythereader

The Heat Is On - Jill Shalvis I cannot believe I didn't read this book before, it was a pretty good read and connected to a novella I read, as in the hero here has a lot of brother's and I have read the stories of one brother, I do hope there are stories in store for the others.

Anyways, the heroine is a pastry chef for now, she has this travel gene and not putting down roots. She comes from a big family and being the youngest felt kind of rootless even though she knows her family adores her. She likes her new job and friends but isn't sure she is gonna stay and when the book opens she is working while reminiscing about the date that didn't end up until the wee hours of the morning and then she finds a dead body and runs into the guy she spent the night with since he is the Detective on the case.

The hero is shocked to see her and immediately discloses to his superiors his conflict of interest. Being a cop he has see relationships fail since his job demands a lot and he wants to keep things casual, for some reason their chemistry is scorching and they can't keep their hands off each other.

It turns out that someone is targeting the men the heroine dated. What I enjoyed was that we saw these two share a deeper connection as time passed even with the sex and we also see the heroine panicking about her growing feelings and attempt to pull back, so no miraculous cure for her commitment issues. All in all I liked the book, it was short, sweet and sexy.