Saly

salythereader

Devil's Deception (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #105) - Doreen Owens Malek Rating 3.5

I liked this book mainly because even when the hero was deceiving the heroine and being her bodyguard under false pretenses(the FBI made up the threats against her, so that he would be installed as a bodyguard in her house and help collect evidence against her uncle for drug-dealing), he cared for her and felt terrible about what he was doing and even when he knew he loved her and she loved him, he pushed her away, letting her hate him but not acting on what they had for a long time.

So, the heroine is a law student, who was raised by her uncle but not really, he was pretty much absent in her life only giving her the money, so she lives kind of a solitary life and the hero soon knows she is innocent.

The heroine after meeting him knows that the man she is dating isn't for her and even when the hero pushes her away and is secretive she loves him. I did like the hero's moral dilemma but he had to do his job, so he sneaked around and even drugged her but I couldn't really hate him, since he was beating himself up all the time afraid of losing her when the truth came out. She didn't go easy on him when the truth came out and he didn't give up, sending her gifts, coming around.