Saly

salythereader

Rancher And The Redhead - Allison Leigh Well I really liked this book, it was romantic, engaging and not at all boring. This is Matthew's book, he is the brother who actually runs the ranch and for quite some time he has had the hots for his foreman's sister Jamie. They clash all the time and now that his housekeeper Maggie is pregnant, Jamie has over-taken her duties to help her sister-in-law out.

I loved seeing these two clash because their verbal exchanges were filled with undercurrents of sexual tension. Matt who has been satisfied running the ranch finds himself tempted by Jamie, who he feels is unsuitable, she is a city girl for one and ranch life is tough and he has seen people become victims of it (his ex-girlfriend who left him and his mother who died because she couldn't get help fast), plus he thinks she is way too young for him (he's 39, she's 27).

All her life the men in Jamie's life including her father, brother and ex-fiancee have been critical of her. She has changed jobs often since she never found her niche but she likes her new position if it only wasn't for Matt who loves to needle her.

I actually loved it when these two couldn't keeps their hands or to be more accurate lips off each other. Jamie wanted to be with someone who loved her but Matthew made her lose her mind. I loved seeing them dance around each other trying to stave off the inevitable and found the book to be sexy.