Saly

salythereader

Caught in the Act - Jill Sorenson Rating 3.5
I was interested more in Maria the illegal the heroine smuggled and Ian, the hero's best friend, DEA undercover agent and the officer who found Maria raped and beaten four years ago when she tried to come to the US. I wanted a complete story for them instead we were left with Maria leaving and Ian hopefully going after her, I hope we get a story about this later, even a novella will do. I liked Ian he was pretending to be a junkie and had grown up with a junkie mother, I saw a lot of turmoil in him.

As far as Kari and Adam go, I did feel their romance moved too fast, I mean in the end I wasn't convinced at the pace they were moving, before that they had only had a few sexual encounters till then. I felt bad for Kari, she felt so guilty about her sister since as partying teens her sister was raped and Kari felt responsible, hence her sister's downward spiral started, drugs and a drug-lord boyfriend.

I did like that we saw her boyfriend in the end and he wasn't a total villain and poor Kari couldn't save her sister who didn't want to be saved. The hero had an agenda as well, his fiancee/girlfriend was killed as a result of that drug-lord so he contacted the heroine for that purpose.

I have a tendency to love the secondary story-lines more than the main one's in books by Jill Sorenson.

All in all I did like Kari, her struggles to deal with the love for her sister and doing something illegal, felt real and I did like Adam as well though he wasn't on-screen that much. The book should have been longer I think.