Saly

salythereader

New York's Finest Rebel - Trish Wylie What an awesome book, loved the breezy style in which it was written & the fun fashionable heroine. The hero and the heroine had such awesome chemistry.

She's been in his life six years since she's his sister's best friend and is part of his big interfering family. She was also homeless once we learn. Like him she's good at making people keep their distance and for some reason both of them rub each other the wrong way since they met, so she is not happy when he moves in next door to her apartment and their verbal sparring begins, with each of them trying to one-up each other.

The hero Danny is actually a cop and his family thinks he has a death-wish, he is also a former marine and a reservist, just back again from a tour.

Living right next door makes her aware of his nightmares when she is sleeping but for some reason she keeps his secrets and for some reason, at first to irritate her he keeps hanging around her, getting to know her & finds that she has secrets as well which he is determined to find and he does, her drunk father she takes care off.

He refuses to let her do it alone and when he follows her, they share a very sexually suggestive moment, when she shows him his power on the subway resulting in a very hot kiss.

This book was just not sexy but also filled with emotion and romance. She is hesitant to start anything with him, so is he, things are complicated between them because of family and both of them want no strings but you can see the growing feelings.

I really liked the end & now want to read the sister's book The Inconvenient Laws Of Attraction.