Saly

salythereader

Last Summer - Theresa Weir Rating 3.25
I would have rated this book higher but it seemed too morose and the hero too self-destructive about his diabetes, the heroine too much of a chicken and there was too much of separation between them.

They meet the first time when he comes to the town for a parade and ends up collapsing, she thinks it is drugs but finds out it isn't. He leaves and comes back almost a year later after he collapsed again and he stays for a while and they end up making love, but she is a coward and lets him go, he returns later, she is pregnant, doesn't tell him he is the father, he comes again when she is in labour, stays for a few weeks and leaves hurt and betrayed when he finds out she lied to him. He again comes back a year later & well this time we get a HEA.

I don't like separations really, if only the heroine had spoken up things would have been different but she was too much of a coward and had no idea how much low self-esteem the hero had, the self-loathing because of his childhood.

I did like the last chapter quite a bit, all in all the book could have been better.