Saly

salythereader

Cool Shade - Theresa Weir Rating 3.5

The thing about Theresa Weir books is that her characters are not perfect, they are damaged, with fears, problems and things don't start off in the best way but at the end you are left with a smile on your face.

When the book opens the heroine has lost her job and then she gets a call from her sister's neighbour that she hasn't been seen. The heroine doesn't share a good relationship with her sister, even as kids she was spoilt and entitled and that carried on to adulthood, she ripped Maddie off the last time they met, but at loose ends she takes her car and cat and goes, she is broke.

Once she reaches there she finds out her sister is a prostitute, her neighbour is nosy and she finds the name of a man who rejected her sister, so when her sister's pimp calls, she pretends to take a job and goes to meet the guy since intel tells her, he passes out without doing a thing.

The guy is Eddie and somehow she ends up losing her virginity and then a slew of misconceptions follow along with something stronger growing between them. Eddie is agoraphobic and his condition worsened four years ago, when his friend and famous singer Rick was shot.

We see their relationship also growing on air, where they don't know that they are talking to each other. I really liked the revelations we find at the end, that Eddie was the one who wrote the songs that made Rick famous.

Eddie was a quintessential Weir hero, sometimes you loved him, sometimes you didn't and he wasn't an alpha but I still enjoyed the book.