Saly

salythereader

The 39-Year-Old Virgin (Silhouette Special Edition, #1983) - Marie Ferrarella Rating 3.5

I liked this book it was pretty short & sweet. The heroine has just left the order, after twenty-two years of being a nun and a nurse working in Africa. She returned home to take care of her sick mother and also because the calling had left her. At a meeting with friends, when a guy tries to get too friendly, the hero intervenes and he turns out to be someone she knew, she baby-sat him when he was younger.

The hero is five years younger than her & living through a fog ever since his wife died. He has been unable to get past his grief even for his young son & the heroine sees all of this and tries to help him and his son.

Soon they get into a routine, the hero helping around her house doing handyman jobs and waking up to life in general. He asks her out but she isn't sure, she is inexperienced and older than him.

Though the romance was a bit quick especially the marriage proposal at the end, the book was pretty sweet.