Saly

salythereader

To the Ends of the Earth - Elizabeth Lowell Rating 2.5

I read this book because few of my friends tell me it has really good grovelling in the end so I continued with the book even when I was annoyed by the hero's attitude of judging every action through his money hungry ex-wife's behaviour, even when he got involved with the heroine and she made it very clear she likes being on her own, supporting herself and not wanting his money, he didn't listen and kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I actually got very annoyed with the heroine's absent family as well, she was pushing herself beyond exhaustion to pay for her brother's education and her mother's wedding. She should have maybe told them how hard it was for her. She grew up rich but when her father died her mother wasn't someone who had money awareness and then she got married to a rich guy who turned out to be a douche since she couldn't have kids.

She tries not to get involved with the hero since he is rich and she sees his arrogance and his wanting to have an affair on a business level but well she does and is happy. The hero is one of those jerks who wants her to spend time with him instead of working so tries to offer her money.

I wish she had slapped him and left and when she finds out she is pregnant, his behaviour is despicable, though he does try to make up for it.

Read this book if you are in a mood for oldies & drama and can wait till the end for grovelling.