Saly

salythereader

Her Sister's Baby (Harlequin Superromance No. 627) - Janice Kay Johnson This wasn't one of the books by this author that I enjoyed that much maybe because the romance was something that didn't come into play at all for me.

I for some reason even understood it after all the heroine agreed to be a surrogate for her sister and then she died and she is left with making some decisions and she doesn't know her sister's husband well, he is a very private person so she isn't sure she wants to give him the baby while he wants the baby so for most of the book they have this hanging between as well as dealing with the grief of losing a loved one.

The hero is someone we never got to know much I felt, he loved his wife but he wasn't sure she did, since it seemed she only wanted a baby & then she is gone and he wants to be a father. Their solution is to get married, which comes on very late in the book.

Even after that he never feels a part of the family maybe because the heroine undermines him and she examines the reasons for that as well since she grew up without a father and a mother who kept saying that they didn't need a man, and she and her kids were fine with that since her ex-husband wasn't a big presence in the kids lives.

Her self examination comes too late & somehow I didn't connect with the book & characters.