Saly

salythereader

Blue Jeans and a Badge - Nina Bruhns I for some reason never could get into this book completely. The setup was good, a bounty hunter heroine but somehow I didn't like it because the way the book was written the hero came across as being desperate and I did not enjoy that. The heroine mistakes the hero for her bounty and cuffs him and then learns he is the police chief. From their first meeting the chemistry crackles between them, but the heroine doesn't do casual or anything, she has a goal to open a PI business and she wants to stick by it and she also has this inner restlessness she can't explain though she refuses to acknowledge it is because she was adopted.

The hero has his own issues too, he has been burned in love before and has kept things casual the past few years but somehow working together with the heroine and telling himself that he only wants sex, he knows it is more, he also knows that she is not the staying type and will hurt him.

Now, the problem was that the book seemed random, things suddenly just came up, like the possible issue of having found the heroine's past. The loves scenes were hot but I didn't feel there was a connection, I mean the book never connected with me.

The characters never made much of an impression and I didn't see why the hero was so dead set on hanging on to the heroine when she was so blunt and sometimes hurtful about leaving.

Not her best work, I would recommend trying out Hard Case Cowboy or Enemy Husband.