Saly

salythereader

The Cop and Calamity Jane - If I had to describe this book, I would call it fluffy and light. Everything was given light treatment, from the opening when the heroine is being questioned as a witness by the detective hero and his partner to her finding out that the crime she witnessed is catnapping. This really made me laugh, the hero is interrogating her like something big happened.

The heroine has always considered herself a jinx, since her mother told her that all the time growing up and events in her life seem to mirror and deepen her belief in that. The hero doesn't believe in luck and is quite cynical due to the events that led him to become a cop(woman betrayed him with his friend and ran off with his father's money, father died). The hero and heroine of course bond later on over how they both have been conned at least one time in their life(the heroine, when she came to town and found out that the man she supposedly was engaged to was married).

We see people trying to convince her that she is no jinx and she only sees things that way because that is what she was told growing up. This book is suspense light, the mystery comes into play right at the end and the romance is no blazing affair. A pretty average read which never really pulls you in.