Saly

salythereader

More Than One Night - Sarah Mayberry Rating 3.25

This was not my favorite Mayberry mainly because her others have been so good that I had huge expectations and living upto them became impossible, whatever the reason even though I enjoyed this there was a but attached to it.

For a long time I felt nothing happened on the romantic front, though of course it was natural, these two were strangers who now had a baby on the way and getting to know each other and becoming comfortable around each other takes time but I don't know I wanted things to progress at a much faster pace especially I wanted the heroine to see how special she was.

When the book opens the hero has just won a huge account and goes to celebrate. The hero comes from a big family but he has always had a lot of ambition so he struck out on his own and left his secure job. The heroine has just left the army after fourteen years of service and somehow these two strike sparks of each other and spend the night together, but the next morning the heroine runs, you see she has issues over how she looks and thinks it was the make-up which led to a spectacular night.

Almost two months later she is settling in her new life when she finds out she is pregnant. I found the reactions of the hero and heroine to the pregnancy real, their life and plans had been disrupted and after some intial anger both of them kind of warmed up to the idea.

The hero started envisioning a new life while the heroine had a lot of baggage that made her wary. She grew up without a mother(she died giving birth) and a father who was cold, so she learned to cope the best way she could by not expecting much.

I enjoyed the book but wished things had gone faster.