Saly

salythereader

The Nine-Month Marriage (Bravo Family, #1) - Christine Rimmer Rating 3.5

I enjoyed this book even if there were couple of things that bothered me.
The book opens when the hero is trying to wake the sleeping heroine and trying to convince her to come home and things will get back to normal but she needs time. Two months ago when her father died, she lost her virginity to the hero and got pregnant and when he asks her she says no, she isn't pregnant because she is not ready to deal with everything.

Cash was always there for her, putting her through college, for her parents and now things have changed and she knows he will want to take responsibility but she doesn't want that, she was never the homely sort like her mother.

Cash is a bachelor who likes it that way, he cares for Abby but feels guilty, she was an innocent and he is fifteen years older than her but when Abby's mom falls sick and comes home, he finds out she is pregnant and suggests marriage, a nervous Abby throws out the suggestion that they should have an agreement to walk away if it didn't work but pretty soon things are great between them and she wants to throw the agreement out.

She goes back to her university and somehow she over does things, straining herself and putting herself in danger. Of course the hero withdraws later. I do wish he should have grovelled a little more for avoiding her.

I liked the fact that heroine wasn't naive and didn't let the hero boss her around as he was so used to telling people what to do and after their marriage she created a different space for herself and was happy with the fact that she wasn't really a home-maker like her mother and that her interests lay elsewhere.