Saly

salythereader

The Bridal Arrangement - Cindy Gerard This book was decent though at the beginning I felt the hero and heroine had an un-equal relationship at least in the mind of the hero who had been taken in by her parents when he was a ten year old boy, who had been abused and left on the streets, so when the only people in life who had loved him passed away, he kept his promise and left his job to take over the ranch and their nineteen year old daughter Ellie, by marrying her.

The heroine is someone who has been sheltered all her life mainly because she is epileptic and her older parents were over-protective, even when she tried to make friend, people humiliated her so she just stopped trying. Ellie feels ashamed of her condition, out of control and she loves Lee, always has and is happy to be his wife though she knows he looks on her as burden, but she is determined to take care of him as well.

Though the hero wants her, he is sure of the fact that he is not capable of love and doesn't know much of her condition so he restrains herself but the heroine won't stand around for that. For most of the book I got frustrated with these two, they had lots of insecurities which they never voice but once the hero learnt the extent of her condition and their marriage began, he knew he loved her and helped her broaden her horizons and I actually found it quite funny that he then started feeling as if he had cheated her since she was so young.

Decent book.