Saly

salythereader

An Innocent Man (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #636) - Margaret Watson I enjoyed this book a lot it was about coming back home, a man who was on a quest for justice and remembered things a certain way but found that people had grown up and changed as well.

Connor returns to Pine Butte after twelve years, when he left heart-broken, the girl he was dating and asked to marry him, laughed at him and told him she was pregnant(not his kid since they weren't intimate). He lost his immigrant father at twelve and as a angry confused kid lashed out, the people in town were bigots.

When he is riding on his motorcycle to town someone hits him deliberately and when he awakens he finds himself in a clinic, being looked after by the only medical personnel in town, Sarah, who is a nurse practitioner and the sister of the woman who broke his heart.

Sarah stays in town because of the obligation she feels and wants to go away and travel. She has a lot of anger towards Connor but acts professionally, the anger is because she along with the other town people believe that he was the father of her sister's baby and abandoned them(her sister and the baby died in child-birth). Sarah's uncle is also the richest man in town and kind of a jerk.

Sarah takes care of Connor and gets to know him, she sees the anger he has towards the town. He also tells her that he was innocent, but she faces a dilemma, who to believe her sister or him but she comes to gradually see the truth. She refuses to let Connor leave the clinic since he isn't that well and when he is attacked the second time, he trusts her with his purpose. He received a note that there was more to his father's death and he is here to find out. Sarah helps him in this since people trust her and her uncle won't make a move on her.

I enjoyed the book immensely, Sarah and Connor feel a pull towards each other and try to stop it since Connor has no intention of staying but of course they can't. Connor still persists on keeping a part of himself back, namely what he does but I felt it was fairly evident. Sarah does tell him in the end that it is up to him to let go of the anger and doesn't push him. I loved Sarah, she was sweet but no push-over, Connor on the other hand had been dealt a raw-hand in the past.