Saly

salythereader

The Doctor's Deadly Affair - Stephanie Doyle The Doctor's Deadly Affair was a very good book surprisingly.

Camille Lawson is a brilliant surgeon, that is all she knows and does, seriously. It is her life, she was raised by her grandfather in a severely regimented environment with do's and don't, she could never be a little girl, her fears, sickness were frowned upon. Also she is a germaphobe, she doesn't know how to overcome these fears and be normal though she has tried. Two of her patients have died suddenly so she goes to Wyatt to look over the cases.

Wyatt used to be a surgeon, but he found that he didn't care enough, so he drank and drank, then one day he quit and checked himself into rehab and has been sober ever since. He works in the hospital clinic and agrees to help Camille on one condition she go out on a date with him. Even though Wyatt and Camille have known each other for ten years, he has recently started seeing her in new light. Wyatt knows that dating Camille won't be easy but he is willing to go slow and deal with her fears. I loved seeing Wyatt with Camille, he was so patient with her and her fears, he never belittled her or got short with her, instead he cared for and protected her.

Camille is someone, who could have been an annoying heroine as she was almost helpless when it came to interactions outside surgery. She was a victim of her childhood. I loved how Wyatt made her eat crow at the end.